Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome!  I am so excited to start this blog!  I hope you find the posts here to be encouraging and a great resource to help you meet your health and fitness goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle.  There will be no rules, here!  A diet filled with rules is just a set-up for failure.  Why?  We all have an inner desire to break rules, and then have to deal with a guilty conscience and a sense of failure after we break, or even "bend" them.  Diets with "rules" just do not work.  But, we can have goals!  Goals are good!  Eating healthy and clean and whole is rarely easy in our society, so I just want to encourage people to do the best they can in the different situations that arise.  People, in my book, always come first, not food.  So, if I have to choose between enjoying a less than healthy meal with a friend or a deliciously whole meal without her, I'll choose my friend every time.

That being said, I am not a nutritionist, but I have been very passionate about health and fitness for the last 25 years!  I believe that I am fearfully and wonderfully made and the human is the masterpiece of all creation and therefore being a steward of my body is a responsibility, not a luxury.  My payer is that this blog will be filled with tasty whole recipes, information about the health benefits of different types of food, options for dining out and many other goodies that will encourage you to be the healthiest person you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment